Previous Experience Requirements
Must have significant prior hands-on experience in Chalet Management/ yacht stewardessing, working in high-level establishments (e.g., super-yachts, 5* hotels, chalets etc).
Must be good at working as part of a team, both in leadership and supporting roles.
Must have extremely high work standards, be client-focused, and self-motivated, take pride in your work at all times and be conscientious and highly organised.
It is essential that applicants have fluent English & French and are flexible to work weekends.
- Creates a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests
- Is available to answer any questions, or resolve any problems
- Leads in the coordination and resolution of all matters relating to the day-to-day running of the chalet
- Housekeeping, along with the Chalet Assistants, bedrooms and bathrooms, and communal areas, as well as ensuring that excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in and around the Chalet at all times, including at the end of the season.
- Cleans and tidies the following areas along with the Chalet Assistants:
- Vacuum and/or mop floors/carpets in all rooms and corridors
- Refreshes sofa and other cushions
- Makes beds
- Tidies guests’ bedrooms
- Cleans bathroom sanitary ware and surfaces on changeover day
- Cleans interior and exterior of windows as necessary
- Carries out bedroom turn-down service during evening dinner service
- Changes bath and hand towels mid-week
- Washes and irons linen such as bed linen, napkins, tablecloths, uniforms, tea towels etc
- Washes up and polishes all glasses, crockery, cutlery, pans etc
- In conjunction with the Chalet Assistants, sets up and closes down the chalet at the start and end of the season
- Ensures that all household equipment is maintained in the best possible condition; reports and arranges any repairs and replacements promptly
- Helps the chef in the preparation of breakfast. Also serves, clears and washes up.
- Lays out and clears away afternoon tea.
- Helps the chef in the preparation of menus, packed lunches, children’s high teas and dinner as required.
- Lays table for, serves and clears, dinner (including canapés).
- Lays out and clears coffee and after-dinner drinks in the evening.
- Ensures that a bowl of fresh fruit is available at all times.
- Helps the chef manage stocks of all items/requirements for the chalet.
- Liaises with the Family Chief of Staff and Chalet Property Manager on rentals and guest stays.
Start date: 15 December 2023