This is a wonderful role based in a beautiful area in Surrey approximately 1 hour from London. The property contains 3 bedrooms, a dressing room, 2 bathrooms, living areas, a large kitchen/conservatory area, a pantry and a laundry room.
The client has three very well behaved dogs including one golden retriever and two cockerpoos.
Should the Housekeeper wish to go away at the weekends, they are very welcome to. The only occasions where you will be asked to remain on site is if the principal is travelling. Some flexibility will be required on occasional weekends when the principal has guests to stay, however, this is expected to be limited.
- Laundry: Organising garments requiring dry cleaning, general laundry, towels, linens and ironing.
- Housekeeping: General cleaning of the main house. Deep cleaning tasks when the principal travels overseas.
- Cooking: A freshly made juice in the morning and a simple dinner to be left in the fridge for the principal to help herself to each evening.
- Errands & Shopping: Occasional errand running for the principal (post office, supermarket, pharmacy), plus general grocery shopping for essentials. The principal will also do some shopping, however, you will be responsible to ensure you have ingredients for any food preparation and household basics (laundry and cleaning products, toilet rolls, soaps, shampoo etc). A weekly online order can also be arranged to save time.
- House & dog sitting: On occasions when the principal travels overseas, you will be responsible for the dogs. This includes feeding and letting them out to run around the grounds.
- Chickens: There are a small number of chickens on the estate that will require feeding.
- Vegetable garden: Those who enjoy gardening or cooking with home-grown produce will enjoy tending to the vegetable allotment. Not required, but a nice perk for green-fingered applicants.
- Due to the rural location of the estate, all applicants must have a driving licence. Ideally with their own vehicle (mileage reimbursed for all work use)
- DBS background check
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 due to the principal being high risk
- A warm and professional approach
- Supporting verifiable written references
- Simple family cooking abilities (typically catering for no more than 1-2 people)
- Hours: Typically Monday-Friday
- Pet friendly
Start date: 14 March 2022