This is a varied position with a broad list of duties. You are required to be a general assistant to the family, helping the housekeeping team with cleaning, or looking after the Principal’s children after-school. It is essential that applicants speak fluent Mandarin so that they can communicate with the children in their native language.
All staff work on a rota system and take their turn to work on occasional weekends. Previous staff have been placed with this client by the agency.
Hours – Rota system 5 day week with 2 days off
- The housekeepers work on a rota system
- Childcare of twin boys (7-years)
- A five-day working week with two days off
- The family is very respectful of people’s evenings and days off. So there is normally no contact during your time off
- Statutory leave and Bank Holidays are paid or given in lieu
- The family or their house manager might ask the housekeeping staff to work on occasional bank holidays or do some overtime. For example when the family comes back from a trip or holidays. They always try to give ample notice and the time will be compensated. The client is looking for the necessary flexibility
- Occasional global travel if needed
- Helping to look after 7-year-old twins before and after school. The occasional babysitting in the evening will be required. Candidates with their own children or a bit of experience in childcare are paramount.
- Cooking informal meals for the family. Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- There might be the odd errand to run
- Working hand in hand with the house manager
- This role requires an allrounder who is able to cover all aspects of a private household. From housekeeping to laundry, to childcare and cooking
- The twins speak fluent Mandarin and the Housekeeper will need to converse with them in Mandarin
- The right candidate has at least 5 years of experience in a top hotel. Experience in a private household would also be appreciated. A combination of both would be perfect
- Native Mandarin-speaking candidate essential
- Only non-smokers will be considered
- Experience in housekeeping and laundry. Looking after the family’s fine garments and wardrobes
- Allergy Info – The family have allergies to pets therefore all staff are required to be mindful of this and not bring pet hair into the residence
Start date: 21 March 2022